Another Revelation for Me!

OK - I’ve got to find a daily study group.  I’m on fire and just have to share what I’m learning! I hope you’ll forgive me!

Yesterday God taught me (through the example of Rebekah) to be specific in my prayers and petitions.  I woke up today wondering what he was going to teach me!  Trust me, that is NOT my normal routine!  Praise God for a changed heart. :)  I put off a few meetings for 30 minutes so I could read and learn.  No surprise - He came through by showing me a new truth in a story I’ve skimmed over hundreds of times.

Today, He reminded me in Gen 25:22-23 that we should go to God first with our questions, and wait for him to answer.  He WILL answer - he is faithful!  I tend to wait until I’ve exhausted all of my brain cells on an issue (and usually think I have the solution), but Rebekah shows me that when I have a question my FIRST response should be to ask God.  It wasn’t a life altering issue - just a simple on about why the babies were moving in her womb.  Now we know the rest of the story and there is so much meaning throughout, but the lesson I needed to hear today was that she went to God and asked her question.  She did not rely on her own wisdom or abilities, but just went straight to the Creator and asked the question.  Why is it that I am so stubborn and think I can do it myself?  Thank you, father, for pointing this out to me and for opening my eyes to yet another truth that has been staring me in the face.  

I pray you all have a wonderful day!

Hugs (big ones!)
Debbie

(I have never been a hugger - and if so, they were the little meaningless ones.  Yet another change for me - a change for the better!)

Comments