Back on Track
Well, I just got off my first trip to the gym in a very long while. (It's not like it's a long trip - just upstairs in my house! How is it that I haven't been able to make time to run upstairs for 45 minutes a day??) Today is the day to get back on track - all the way around! My old habits snuck back in - it's been a few days since I took the time to jot down some thoughts. I've been catching a Daily Reading or couple of chapters while I dry my hair, but not sat down and devoted time to my spiritual health. Getting both back today - even knowing it will be a crazy one!
Today I'm in Exodus Chapter 15 - 16. I picked up some new nuggets today to keep close!
1. By nature, we will grumble when we perceive that things are not going our way. If we will just learn to "trust and obey, there is no better way!" As my dear friend Coach Carter used to day, "GOD'S GOT IT." I added two new words to my analogy vocabulary today: Marah and Elim. There is a brief story in Exodus 15:3 22-23 about two locations where the Israelites camped during their trek. One was called Marah and had undrinkable water. The people turned against Moses because of the water problem. Moses turned to God, and God solved the problem. The next location was called Elim, where there were plenty of springs and beautiful palm trees. The first, Marah, represents the unbelieving & grumbling attitude of the people who did not trust God. The second, Elim, represents God's incredible provision. Am I a Marah or an Elim? I'll bet there are very few people on the planet who would have any idea what that means! Perhaps an opportunity to share a story!
2. Exodus Chapter 16 is about God providing manna from Heaven. It is a familiar story, but reminds us that despite our nature NOT trust in what we can't control, God is always there waiting. God is so good! It is our nature to duck and run, and stash away everything we can to provide for our future. It is God's plan that we trust Him to provide. I struggle this as we approach retirement age. Should we hang on to our retirement savings as good, responsible adults - or should we trust God to fund our retirement and use that money to invest in his kingdom now? It's a great story to read, and a very difficult one to put into practice.
As always, God is guiding me through the words that come out as I type. I praise and give glory that He has opened my eyes again so see His truth!
Have a blessed day!
Debbie
Comments
Post a Comment