Day 4

Good morning, sisters!

I woke this morning thinking of you all and hearing the song in my head, “Rise and Shine, and Give God the Glory!  Glory!” I pray you all feel rested and full of fire this morning!  Although I was was not running late (I still haven’t made it to the shower!) I did smile as I remembered John talking about rushing this morning to get to Chapel.

I decided to start my Day 4 first morning by reminding myself about Rebekah’s story.  I came across something that speaks directly to a conversation we had in our bunk on Saturday night, and I immediately thought of you all wanted to share! 

Our late night bunk talk was about whether or not it is right for us to pray for specifics - doesn’t that seem to put our will in front of God’s?  Maybe a more general request is better and more humble and honoring of God?  Well, take a look at Genesis chapter 24 - it is the perfect demonstration of specific prayer.  Abraham sends his servant to find a wife for Isaac, and the servant asked God to identify the woman by giving her specific words (words that the Servant told God!) in response to a question that the servant would ask.  If that’s not specific, I don’t know what is!  I have been very timid in my prayers, but this tells me that we should be specific and detailed in our requests.  I should not feel that it is inappropriate for me to be specific, but rather I SHOULD be specific and detailed. What an eye opener :)

I also wanted to let you know how special you all are to me, and thank you for opening your hearts last weekend.  You an amazing group of ladies, and I look forward to continuing and building our sisterhood.  I have always been a leader because of what I DO, but never just a friend because of WHO (and WHOSE) I am.  I look forward to changing that with you guys.  

(I also want to thank you for looking at me without cringing all weekend!  We stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings on the way home last night. The waitress took one look at me and said, “My goodness, you look REALLY tired!  I hope you don’t have to work tomorrow and can go home to rest!”  Then I went to the ladies room and scared myself in the mirror!  Good thing you saw me with Jesus’s eyes, or I would have had a very lonely weekend!)   

Hugs and prayers for an amazing day,
Debbie

Comments