Dry Friday?
Good morning!
I am struggling this morning. I came to my bible thinking about what I had learned earlier in the week but also thinking about what lays ahead on my to-do list today (more than it is physically possible to complete - as always.) For some reason I seem more distracted this morning, and had a hard time finding that special message as I read. I’m not sure exactly how to feel, so I’m just going to think as I type. Somehow the words always seem to flow - and often they surprise me!
The big message I took away this morning is that living our lives publicly in accordance with God’s will may be painful for a time, but God will reward us. And, others who are watching will see God’s grace in us, giving them an example to follow. Whether those rewards are financial or an inner unexplainable joy (or both), they are witnesses to those around us. Even the people who may appear to be against us are watching, and our consistent choice to follow and receive grace is providing them a model. We may never know the impact our lifestyle has on others, but it is up to us to be that shining light even to those who shield their eyes. Hmm…. kind of reminds me of Thursday night/Friday morning during Tres Dias. Several of us (including me!) were really trying to block the light! Tres Dias was kind of a crash course in spreading the light until the hold-outs finally come around!
As I sit here and ponder, I realize how powerful this message is. I read several chapters and was struggling that I did not find any additional ‘nuggets’ to chew, but this one is so huge that it’s ok! I’m sure there is plenty in those stories that I missed today, but it will be there waiting when I come back next time. And that’s ok. I am not a failure because I may have missed something, I am loved because He showed me this truth! It’s all in our perspective, isn’t it…
It’s beautiful to read the Bible and not just hear stories. I’m starting to see the truth that God has weaved throughout and is just waiting for me to find. It’s kind of like that game I used to play with the kids - I would hide messages for them to find, and one message would lead them to the next. Thanks, Daddy Abba! I look forward to finding tomorrow’s note :)
Have a fantastic day,
Debbie
Comments
Post a Comment