Genesis 37: Joseph
Joe & I attended my first "Reunion Group" last night - what a wonderful time with Christian brothers and sisters! This was a couples group - very much like our old Home Groups that we miss so much. I look forward to going back next month!
This morning I am studying the story of Joseph, looking for lessons that I may have missed or forgotten over the years. Of course there are many!
1. Rather than thoughtfully ponder the meaning of his dreams, Joseph bragged about them to his brothers and father. God gives us gifts to use for his purposes, but not to brag about and bring glory to ourselves. Be careful not to try accepting the credit for God's work in me!
2. Suffering builds character and wisdom. Approach each situation with the question, "What next?" instead of "Why me?" Remember that God's got it, and you are just to keep obeying and trusting.
Off to church - looking forward to a morning of praise and worship!
This morning I am studying the story of Joseph, looking for lessons that I may have missed or forgotten over the years. Of course there are many!
1. Rather than thoughtfully ponder the meaning of his dreams, Joseph bragged about them to his brothers and father. God gives us gifts to use for his purposes, but not to brag about and bring glory to ourselves. Be careful not to try accepting the credit for God's work in me!
2. Suffering builds character and wisdom. Approach each situation with the question, "What next?" instead of "Why me?" Remember that God's got it, and you are just to keep obeying and trusting.
Off to church - looking forward to a morning of praise and worship!
Comments
Post a Comment