Leadership Skills I learned from Exodus

Good morning, sisters -

As I laid in bed this morning having my morning cuddle with my sweet Golden Retriever "Berkley," I asked God what lesson he had in store for me today.  What an incredible change I see in myself. Rather than doing Bible Study because I know I should, I read because I can't wait to see what is waiting for me today!  (I know that there are peaks & valleys in our walk, and I can remember times in my past that I have been on the top of the hill.  But.... those are distant memories.  Recently I've been down in the valley.  It's great to be climbing higher and higher up the mountain again!)


Today God showed me leadership skills to learn from Moses through the story of the Plagues:


1.  If God chooses you for a special job, He will provide what you need to succeed!

2.  Just like Moses in Exodus 6:1-13, there will be times that I feel ineffective or unable to complete the task.  Often, those are just times where God is working in the background.  What I may see as failure or lack of progress may just be God's perfect timing to work out the details.  My job is to make sure that I stay focused on HIM, not on the results.   Wow - that is a tough one.  Let go of the wheel, and trust He will drive. Control freaks (me) have a really hard time with this one!  

3.  Sometimes your audience (those you serve), even those you think support you, will to turn away and sometimes even turn against you.  Stay focused on God, and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.  I know from recent personal experience how painful this is, but I also know that God is closing one door and leading me to another.  When he moved me out of Holy Cross, he opened the door for spiritual renewal, reduced the demands on my time, and freed me to become involved with Tres Dias.  It was a time in the 'refiner's fire' but well worth it in the end.  

4.  He has blessed me with many skills and talents, but He does not want me to use them all at the same time for everyone at the expense of my own spiritual and physical health.  Just as the Lord provided Aaron to help Moses, He provides others to help his leaders today.  I need to stop and listen to God's direction for me, and devote my energies and skills to the jobs that He wants me to do.  It is very easy to become spread too thin, and my natural reaction is to cut myself out of the daily maze first.  I really have to take the time - MAKE the time - to spend with him daily and then follow the leading of the Spirit within me as I make decisions about how to spend my time.  I need to learn to effectively teach others, allowing them to serve and fulfill the jobs that the Lord has set for them!  If God brought us together, there is probably a reason.  I need to look for the reason as an opportunity to grow another leader, not as a burden to add more work to my plate!

Have a fantastic, God-Filled day!

Comments