My Nuggets for Today
Good morning, sisters!
Please - let me know if you’re tired of these messages cluttering your inbox. I won’t be offended if you want me to remove you from this distribution! I am finding that as I write to you, I learn even more about what I sat down to write. Does that make any sense?? I think that processing the lessons in writing (as a substitute for talking) helps the message become even more clear. And as a control-freak female, I want to share with my new friends! I will not be the least bit offended if you would rather not be on the list.
I’m so excited again this morning! Three days in and I’m still waking up (before the alarm) wondering what God is going to show me today. I continued reading where I left off yesterday in Genesis, and I am again amazed at how much “knowledge” I have read over the years and either internalized or just forgotten. Some of the items were even highlighted from prior readings, yet I don’t remember the story much less the lesson. God was already teaching me - before the actual lessons began! Today’s nuggets to share:
1. Think before you make rash decisions! In Gen 25:29-34 the brothers Esau and Jacob got into a little brotherly rival talk that ended up with a rash and impulsive decision. Esau exaggerated his current situation, focused on the ‘now’ instead of thinking through the future consequences, demanded what he wanted, and was willing to throw away something very important to him in order to get immediate satisfaction.
2. Your bad decisions (lack of faith in God to handle the outcome) can have unintended consequences on many people including those outside of your immediate circle. In Gen 26:7-10 Isaac told a little white lie to protect himself from what he imagined might happen in the future. What he did not realize is that by deceiving other people he could have unintentionally led them into sin. Rather than ask God for protection from his perceived danger, he took matters into his own hands and provided his own protection by deceiving those around him. Really bad idea. Take your concerns and fears to God, and then trust him to take care of it!
3. Share your thoughts with other believers! (This is not from the bible study this morning - just what I realized as I started typing 😇) Or, at least write them down - amazing how putting your different senses in action together enhances the total picture.
4. Don’t expect that your pea-sized brain will retain and put into practice everything you’ve read and learned. (Again, this is my personal nugget - not from the Bible!) We have to keep refreshing our memories and continuing to study. If you don’t like the word study, just think of it as the high grade premium fuel for your tank. A beautiful luxury car still needs high quality premium fuel in order to function the way it was designed. It will work on lower grade fuel, but nowhere near as well as designed. And if there is no fuel, it will eventually just stop altogether. I don’t know about you, but I was very near the “empty” reading on the gauge. (Where in the world did I come up with that?? Another God Thing - I don’t think about cars!) There was a line in one of the letters I received that really touched my heart, “God is not angry when He must remind us again. He knows us. He created us. He knows how distracted we get.”
Thanks for taking a moment to share with me this morning. Thank you God for giving me another morning of nuggets to share, and for giving me the desire to care!
Have a fantastic, God-filled day.
Hugs,
Debbie
Comments
Post a Comment