Sisters,

I pray that you're having a fantastic week!  I've really been thinking about the messages that I have heard from Jesus over these last couple of weeks, particularly "What Next, not Why Me?" and "Release and let God direct." Several times over the course of daily life these messages have either come up in conversation or they applied (in my head) to a situation.  Then, in God's perfect timing, I resurrected my iDisciple app and the perfect lesson from Proverbs 31 Ministries was waiting for me: God I'm Worn Out.  What a great message for me to hear, especially right now!  I wanted to keep this link for future reference and to share it with you!

If you haven't noticed, there is a section on the left side of my blog with links to various pages and apps.  I'm adding iDisciple and would love to know about other resources that you like & value!


Today I'm heading to Exodus Chapter 12 beginning at v31:  The Exodus from Egypt.  My takeaways today:


1. God commanded his people to celebrate the Passover and redemption of their first born annually, remembering how God had freed them from slavery and spared their children.  I thought about our annual celebrations at Easter and Christmas.  It is too easy (especially at Christmas) to get caught up in the parties, planning, shopping, extended family issues, etc. and forget the entire reason that we are celebrating!  I need to make sure that I spend time in the Word every day now so that it is a habit and something I won't drop when the time crunch becomes tougher.  I know my history and tendencies, and so I pray that God will keep filling me with that daily yearning to spend a part of my day sitting in his lap and absorbing his love and wisdom!  I sure can't do it on my own, and the evil one is always sitting right there with temptations and lures.

2. The path will not always be straight.  In fact, it will rarely be straight!  God led the Israelites down a winding path, much longer than it would have taken if he had chosen the straight road to the Promised Land.  However, God knew the danger ahead on the straight path so he chose the longer but safer road for his children.  Of course the children did not know the reason, they were simply following the path laid for them (in their case it was a pillar of light & fire.)  For us, the pillar is the Word.  It is not always as clear to see, but if we will put in the effort to read, study and open our ears to hear his prompting He WILL guide us in the way that is best for us.  Not necessarily the easy way, but the best way.  I am reminded of a dear friend who is an amazing example of a person completely connected to God.  We often talk about him having the faith of a child - all of those "adult" issues get in our way, but my friend has developed the ability to completely trust in God for everything.  He did not make my friend perfect (by any stretch!) but he is completely open to follow God's lead.  And, God put people in his path (like me) to fill in the holes where my friend does not have the skills to perform.  Hmm... I think God just told me what my next job will be! 

3. God talks to me while I journal!  This is really amazing to me.  I read, think, and start typing - and the words just seem to come out.  Just now I felt a very strong sense that God put a specific issue on my heart where I need to jump in.  I know I have the skills for the job, but I've been trying to relieve some responsibilities and was holding back.  I think I have a clear direction now!  Thank you, Holy Spirit!

Have a wonderful day, my beautiful sisters!

Debbie






Comments