Sunrise

I really enjoy my morning walks with our four legged daughters.  It's a great time to talk to God, to think and just 'be.'  We usually leave the house around 6:15 a.m., so until this last Sunday we were walking in the dark.  The clocks changed on Sunday for Daylight Savings Time, so we are now enjoying our walks in daylight.

As we were heading back home this morning the sun was just peeking over the horizon.  It was so beautiful that I exclaimed out loud, and God put three very specific thoughts on my heart.  I want to jot them down now so I can go back later to remember and re-live!

  1. The sheer beauty and power of God is breath taking.  If we would just slow down and look at the world around us, God is everywhere.  It's even better when we start our day absorbing His glory.  There is nothing better to put the activities of our day into perspective.
  2. Although the actual sun was just peeking over the horizon, the light had already spread to everything in sight.  "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!"  "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)  It was such a clear image of how our individual shining lights (our feet, HiS PRINT) can fill the entire earth while we wait for the Son to return.  Wow.
  3. If I did not know the Bible, I would not have put the pieces together.  Everyone can see the beauty of the sunrise, but you cannot connect it to God's word if you have never heard God's word.  It is so important to spend time in the Word and to share it with others.  Get involved, learn, study, share.
Wow!  What a great morning!  Praise you, father!

Comments